Due to the huge increase of business when Chough Bakery featured on the BBC’s trouble-shooter programme, The Fixer, they needed to rapidly expand their facilities in Padstow, Cornwall. They contacted us because of our reputation as food industry construction specialists.
After advising them on their plans and providing full designs, they commissioned us to undertake the project. We enabled their expansion by joining their existing building with the industrial unit next door and completely refitted the facilities.
We provided the full package: installing insulated and hygienic walls and ceiling panels, power, freezers, lighting, water and resin floor coatings. The improvements to their work area gave them the space needed to make and store Cornish pasties for their retail shop in Padstow, and the ability to freeze goods to fulfil orders coming in from their website.
We’re positive that our high standard of work was the reason they invited us back a year later to install a chillstore (and was a contributing factor when they won the World Pasty Championships in 2013)!
- Feb 2012 BBC programme ‘The Fixer’ featuring Chough Bakery was aired.
- Mar 2012 First meeting with Chough Bakery owners.
- Mar 2012 Design layout completed.
- Apr 2012 Commenced work.
- Jun 2012 Completed project.
- May 2013 We are invited back to install a chillstore in their retail shop. Repeat business is always welcome!