Falfish is an independent Cornish family business that supplies a range of UK and European retailers. As the UK’s first-choice quality South West seafood processor, they needed to employ a construction company specialising in the food industry when they were considering expanding. That’s why they contacted us.
We provided a full package of planning and construction for the project, and completely redesigned their dispatch area. We installed a range of new chilled areas and a loading dock with recessed approach ramp for the smooth continuation of the cold-chain, and we worked with Western Power Distribution to significantly increase the incoming electrical supply to service the state-of-the-art facilities.
The project provided additional flexibility and capacity for Falfish, allowing them to deliver increased levels of business with their customer base across the UK and Europe.
The extension included benefits in many areas including increased through-put due to their new and improved freezers, and larger areas for temperature-controlled storage and marshalling.
In addition, the recessed loading dock approach provided huge benefits to Falfish and significantly reduced the loading times for their refrigerated semi-trailers.
- Apr 2011 We worked with Falfish to design their new dispatch extension at Redruth.
- May 2011 We applied for planning permission.
- Aug 2011 Planning permission granted.
- Jan 2012 Competitive design and build tender process initiated by Falfish.
- Apr 2012 On the basis of best design and value for money, ProjectLink were selected for the project.
- Jun 2012 Project commenced.
- Jan 2013 Project completed on time and on budget