Falfish is an independent Cornish family business that supplies a range of UK and European retailers. As the UK’s first choice specialist quality South West seafood processor, they decided they needed to contract an expert in the frozen food sector when they were considering expanding their goods-in area and office facilities. That’s why they contacted us.
Following our ahead of schedule and immediately successful redesign and construction of their dispatch extension, Falfish used us to secure tenders from sub-contractors and manage the contract from start to finish.
We designed the area to provide additional temperate-controlled storage, extra processing space and added two loading docks with recessed approach ramps to decrease unloading time.
With production capacity increased beyond their expectations, Falfish happily asked us to install a new board room, meeting and training rooms, open plan offices and welfare facilities on the factory’s first floor.
In addition to the benefits around productivity, we also accelerated the project to complete our work on goods-in 21 days ahead of schedule, allowing Falfish to benefit from the increased space and flexibility for the busy Christmas period.
- Jan 2013 We worked with Falfish to design their new goods-in extension at Redruth.
- Feb 2013 We applied for planning permission.
- May 2013 Planning permission granted.
- Jun 2013 Project commenced.
- Dec 2013 Production areas handed over successfully, 21 days ahead of schedule.
- Jan 2014 Work on the offices continues.
- May 2014 Offices and welfare facilities completed.