We’ve worked for The Burger Manufacturing Company in Builth Wells for many years and have also built coldstores for their parent company, Sparks Catering Ltd, who are a wholesale distribution business based in London.
Due to their expansion, The Burger Manufacturing Company hired us to manage the construction of a new production facility (2,500m2). While we’re securing planning permission for this, we’ve enabled their continued growth by building an extension to provide additional freezer space.
To make this possible, we made internal alternations to their facility, creating a new ‘goods-out’ door for use while building works were underway. We’ve enabled uninterrupted production by separating food storage areas from the site where development is taking place, installing air-tight barriers to ensure all health and safety issues are effectively managed.
ProjectLink were responsible for the following elements:
- Building design – based on detailed discussions with the client to ascertain exact requirements for the building
- Structural engineering – provided by our structural engineer, based on our specific design requirements
- Groundworks – with the ground beam and slab design based on our geo-technical report of ground conditions on site
- Steelwork – including the installation of a lightweight structural steel frame
- Internal coldstore panels and doors – as part of our specialist design and build package, to ensure thermal integrity and efficiency of the coldstore envelope
- Heavy duty tubular bump rail system – to internal perimeter of coldstore, to provide protection to the insulated envelope from collision damage from fork-lifts and pallet trucks
- Refrigeration equipment – designed to maintain the holding freezer at a temperature of -20°C
- Lighting and electrical – including low temperature fluorescent lighting and power supplies to all equipment
- External cladding, guttering and roller shutter door.
- Sep 2013 Project costings submitted to client.
- Jan 2014 Project received client sign-off.
- Mar 2014 Commence on site.
- Jun 2014 Completion of the project.