The Burger Manufacturing Co are based in Llanelwedd, Wales, and are the market leader in supplying quality beef burgers to the fast food market. Under pressure from growing demand, they decided to appoint ProjectLink to undertake the design, planning and construction of a new purpose-built factory.
ProjectLink designed a bespoke facility measuring 3,670 square metres, built to house the latest food manufacturing technology. We succeeded in doubling the production capacity to 75 million burgers per year, with room for further expansion.
As well as meeting the needs of customers, the new facility was built with its employees at its heart, featuring a light and airy staff canteen and outdoor terrace, overlooking the gorgeous Wye Valley and river.
What we did
ProjectLink designed and managed the following works as part of the project:
- Local Authority Building Control, Building Regs approval
- Groundworks, foundations & concrete slab
- Structural steelwork
- Roofing and cladding
- Installation of four blast freezers
- Installation of large holding freezer
- Chilled production areas
- Three loading bays
- Mezzanine storage
- Lighting, electrical & plumbing
- Fit out of offices & welfare facilities
- Permeable block paving
- External roads and car parks
- Solar Panels